The California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis is holding two scholarship contests for the 2022 remembrance of the Armenian Genocide. California higher school pupils from 9th quality by way of 12th quality are invited to take part in an essay contest and/or a visual arts contest to enhance bigger consciousness of the Armenian Genocide on its anniversary.
All winners will be contacted specifically and introduced to mainstream and Armenian media by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis on April 15, 2022. All winners will be awarded scholarships and will be acknowledged at the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundations’ annual Armenian Advocacy Day and acquire exclusive recognition from the users of the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation. Original artwork will be requested from visible arts applicants if they are selected as a finalist for probable screen in the California Condition Capitol.
***Thanks to COVID-19 restrictions, remaining information will be presented closer to the function date.
Standards for each and every contest are specific underneath. Learners may perhaps enter both equally contests, but submissions ought to be entered individually.
Essay Scholarship Awards:
Very first Put: $1,000
Second Put: $750
Third Area: $500
Visible Art Scholarship Awards:
First Put: $1,000
Next Spot: $750
3rd Put: $500
The deadline for all essay and visible arts submissions is April 8, 2022.
This year’s crafting prompt phone calls on pupils to presume that:
- They have been hired to operate for a nonetheless-to-be-built Armenian American National Museum, with the museum to be located in Glendale, California.
- They have been given term from the museum director that just one wing of the museum will be entitled Notable Armenian Individuals.
- They are to share with the director, in the kind of an inside memo, 1 person’s title that must be highlighted in this wing of the museum and the cause(s) that this name must so be featured.
The students’ inner memo ought to be written utilizing the template down below and accompanying recommendations:
Proposed Museum Show
Armenian American National Museum
From: [Your Full Name]
[School Name] / [Grade]
Re: A Notable Armenian American
Recommendation for Proposed Museum Exhibit
Date: [Insert Date]
Title OF Man or woman Getting Advisable
(Insert below the title of the individual you are recommending. Indeed, it can be a relative or anyone you know. It can also be another person you have only just lately uncovered about.)
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH (100 text max)
(Insert here a short description of the existence of the man or woman you are recommending.)
Centered SKETCH (500 text max)
(Insert in this article what you would want to have evidently presented in the exhibit about the individual you are recommending. This is your chance to go into element about this person, answering the problem: What makes this Armenian American so notable?)
Personal Link (100 text max)
(Insert listed here what brought about you to want to recommend this person? Are you associated to this individual? Have they achieved some thing that you far too would like to accomplish? Does this man or woman have a private tale that you someway link to? Share some thing about you that aids the museum exhibit customer much better comprehend why you proposed this person to be highlighted in the show.)
TAKEAWAY (50 words and phrases max)
(Insert in this article possibly a imagined or a question that you want the general public to have in thoughts right after encountering your proposed part of the show. In other terms, what do you want the public indicating to itself when it learns about the individual you are recommending?)
MISCELLANEOUS (50 phrases max)
(Insert right here everything else you could possibly like to insert. This can consist of any pictures, drawings, charts, e-book excerpts, etcetera., but no one-way links to any video clip and/or audio clips or any webpages.)
All submissions need to be obtained by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis electronically on or prior to April 8, 2022 by applying this submission variety. Any submissions sent following the deadline will not be acknowledged.
At the best of your inner memo, be sure to consist of your title, age, deal with, significant faculty, and quality together with your teacher’s name, e-mail handle, and subject matter space.
Visual Arts Prompt
This year’s concept is “Human to Human Conversation.” All candidates ought to produce their submission in preserving with this concept.
- Private assertion (300-500 phrases) detailing the artwork and how it connects to the theme of human-to-human conversation. In the top rated left corner, applicant ought to involve: name, age, main address, substantial university, grade, teacher’s name and issue (if relevant), phone amount, and e-mail deal with (this info will not count as component of the complete term rely).
- Only two-dimensional, visual art submissions will be accepted. Submission forms are restricted to drawings, paintings, photos, digital illustrations, and graphic layout.
- Submissions may well not exceed an 11×17 body and have to weigh much less than 25 lbs ..
- Submissions may possibly not incorporate any nudity, extreme and/or graphic violence, racial slurs, derogatory and/or offensive language, profanity, and may possibly not make use of or replicate current artwork. All submissions need to be initial get the job done designed by the applicant.
- Email matter, as perfectly as titles of the hooked up doc, must be formatted as follows: “CALC – Pupil Title – Title of Piece” (e.g. CALC – William Saroyan – The Time of Your Lifestyle).
- Submissions should include things like the personalized statement and satisfy the standards stated.
- Submissions ought to include things like a high-definition photograph of the artwork, be certain to get a shut up photo with enough lights for the reviewers to see the detail of the get the job done. It is acceptable to post up to 5 pics. Be informed of the lighting of the piece and present unique angles to showcase the depth of the artwork.
- Submissions have to contain one recent substantial-definition photograph of the applicant, appropriate for publication (e.g. cap and gown pictures, experienced headshots, or high-quality photographs/shut-ups of the applicant).
All submissions should be obtained by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation electronically on or ahead of April 8, 2022 by using this submission form. Any submissions sent immediately after the deadline will not be recognized.
At the major of your individual statement, make sure you contain your identify, age, deal with, large university, and quality along with your teacher’s identify, electronic mail address, and topic place.